We all want an attractive and flat stomach, so we work out at the gym and go on restrictive diets. When our stomach doesn’t flatten, we get discouraged and think this is as good as it’s going to get. Not so! You need to heal your gut to lose your belly.
There are over 1,000 species of bacteria living in our gut and they are all competing for dominance. It’s the classic story of good vs. evil and in the case of our microbiome (gut bacteria), good bacteria vs. bad bacteria! Most of us are losing the battle with bad bacteria. Overgrowth of bad bacteria seems epidemic in our culture due to medications, processed foods, WAY too much sugar, stress and getting older are just some of the ways that bad bacteria rules.
When you have more bad bacteria vs good, you crave more food. Usually, the bad kind of food because that is what feeds bad bacteria. Sugar is the main culprit of feeding bad bacteria. So are YOU craving sweets or is your microbiome craving sweets? A recent study might have an answer to that question. According to a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition, obese women given probiotics lost significant weight taking a probiotic supplement. Once the good bacteria was raised, possibly the cravings subsided resulting in weight loss.
How can you heal your gut? Five simple solutions:
There are simple ways to bring your microbiome back into balance. You may even see changes within a day! By balancing your microbiome you will increase your metabolism and dramatically reduce the bloating.
- Sip ginger tea. Ginger has been shown to heal the lining of the gut by reducing inflammation. Reducing inflammation will lessen bad bacteria. Ginger tea is helpful for those with IBS. You can grate fresh ginger and add it to your smoothies or tea.
- Eat more fiber. Good bacteria love to feed on fiber. The more fiber you eat, the more types of bacteria species appear. The more diverse and balanced your microbes are, the slimmer your belly.
- Avoid sugar-free gum. The sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners like sorbitol and xylitol in sugar-free gum are a feeding ground for bad bacteria!
- Avoid fatty and sugary foods. These types of low nutrient foods cause bad bacteria to thrive. The bad bacteria again, feed on these types of food. More bad bacteria, more belly bloat.
- Limit red meat to once a week. Red meat increases a type of bad bacteria that causes bloating and even stomach pain.
Make it a lifestyle!
Eating foods that raise good bacteria and keep bad bacteria in check is something you should do every day. Eat wholesome foods, fresh vegetables, and fruit, eat fermented foods like sauerkraut and greek yogurt. Limit animal protein, eliminate sugar and sugar substitutes, eat plenty of fiber rich foods and if you have to take medications, take a daily probiotic.
Supplements for a flatter stomach
Try FLATTER ME for everything you need to get rid of belly bloat, heal your gut and flatten that stomach!
Do these things every day and watch your stomach flatten!
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know how you achieved or will achieve a flatter stomach!